Monday, August 25, 2008

And they're off....

The carpool just picked up Zack for his first real day of Middle School. He went last Thursday for a half-day with just the 7th graders, but everyone will be there today. It will be 100 degrees in Sandy today and Albion has no air conditioning and no windows. It is a big brick box. Whoever designed Utah schools in the 1970's was stupid.

I'm sitting here stressing about if I sent him with enough water and if I emphasized enough to him that he's responsible for writing everything down. He thinks he can remember things without writing it in his notebooks. I sometimes get those waiters who think they can memorize your order instead of writing it down. Zack makes me nervous in the same way, but instead of screwing up my dinner he's going to forget assignments and cause his academic downfall for the rest of his life.... okay, maybe not that dramatic.


I couldn't find a picture of his first day of kindergarden (did I own a digital camera then?). The closest I could find was the last day of first grade. The effect is still them same though... Just wanted to show you how much he's grown....

1 comment:

Betty said...

I can't believe how tall he is! I remember so clearly playing with him in Grandma Gardner's backyard when he was 3! He's such a good kid. Good luck with the new school year!